The totality of the eigenvalues of the Laplacian of a compact Riemannian manifold is named the spectrum. We describe how the spectrum determines a Riemannian manifold. The continuity of the eigenvalue of the Laplacian, Cheeger and Yau's estimate of the 1st eigenvalue, the Lichnerowicz–Obata's theorem at the first eigenvalue, the Cheng's estimates of the kth eigenvalues, and Payne–Pólya–Weinberger's inequality of the Dirichlet eigenvalue of the Laplacian also are defined.
- Towards the Mathematics of Quantum Field Theory (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Geometry with Trigonometry
- Classical Geometries in Modern Contexts: Geometry of Real Inner Product Spaces Third Edition
- Metric Structures in Differential Geometry (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Matrices and Graphs in Geometry (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
Extra info for A Geometric Approach to Homology Theory (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
Rated 5 – based on votes of